Universal Design/Build presents a shift in the approach to residential design and construction. Comfort and convenience regardless of age, stature or ability is the hallmark of inclusive design. Designers suppliers, builders, remodelers, social and health service providers will benefit from the creative design concepts and practices presented to develop market-driven projects that have broad aesthetic appeal as well as the necessary functional attributes. Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) courses are not a pre-requisite and CAPS will find benefit by expanding into the broader spectrum of universal design that offers a much wider target audience.
As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the significance of integrating UD concepts in residential construction
- Distinguish between accessibility solutions and UD solutions
- Describe ways that design can be both functional and attractive
- Identify and implement solutions for simple and complex scenarios that address various household compositions, budgets and changing needs of clients
- Use effective marketing and communication strategies throughout the process
- Locate resources, products, materials and services While CAPS I and CAPS II are not prerequisites for this course, it is helpful if students have taken the courses sequentially.
This is a 2-Day Course. Only register one time.
The Universal Design/Build course counts as 12 CE hours for the following designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, GMB, GMR, and Master CGP. It also counts as 6 CE hours for the CMP, CSP, Master CSP, and MIRM designations. This course is qualified for:12 AIA/CES HSW LU; 1.2 AOTA CEU; CILB# 0610382 .11 GEN CEU; IDCEC #CC-102910R1-1002 Day 1
; IDCEC# CC-102913R1-1002 Day 2
Cancellation policy: Course is subject to cancellation due to required attendance. Cancellations must be made 10 business days in advance. A cancellation fee of $25 will apply. No-shows will be responsible for entire course fee.
1) Fill out the registration form below
2) REGISTER TO RECEIVE AN ONLINE INVOICE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. ENTER YOUR INFORMATION. AN INVOICE WILL BE SENT TO YOU FOR PAYMENT. YOU CAN THEN PAY BY CREDIT CARD, WIRE TRANSFER OR CASH.