CREATING SAFE, SECURE, ECO-FRIENDLY INTERIORS USING COLOR CONTRAST, TECHNOLOGY & SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTS
South Florida has been hardest hit by COVID-19 forcing people to remain and work from home. Florida’s population consists of many retired people who are ready for change. They have been looking at the same four walls for months and realize that their environment is no longer working for them because they might have a vision impairment enhanced by limited depth perception. They want to live in a safe, secure, comfortable and beautiful environment that benefits them and the planet.
1. To identify the three segments of the aging population.
2. To learn how the top four eye diseases impact an older adults ability to see.
3. To see how color contrast using sustainable products improves safety and reduces the risk of falling
through window treatment, wall coverings, furniture and flooring.
4. To understand how to blend the indoor and outdoor environments.
1. The participants will be able to assess the client's needs, wants and wishes.
2. The participants will be able to identify products that are sustainable and environmentally friendly.
3. The participants will be able to recommend technology to support ease of use, comfort and safety.
Course IDCEC ID: 12-00001540, 1 HSW CEU Provider # 12-00001540
Registration button will take you to an external registration site for this event with ticket pricing and additional information for this event.
Wanda Gozdz, CAPS, ASID Allied, President, Golden Age Living, LLC