This course parallels the NAHB Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) courses: Marketing and Communicating with the Aging in Place Client (CAPS I); Design Concepts for Livable Homes and Aging in Place (CAPS II); and Details and Solutions for Livable Homes and Aging in Place (CAPS III), by shifting the focus from custom accessibility-related modifications to successful integration of Universal Design as part of far more single family residential construction projects (new construction as well as remodeling, affordable to luxury). The concepts discussed in this course will enable industry professionals to produce marketable projects that support the changing needs of clients over their lifetime. The audience for this course includes Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) graduates, home building industry professionals, health care professionals and the home buying consumer. While it is a novice level course and welcomes participants with little or no prior knowledge of the subject matter, having taken the CAPS courses will help participants understand the differences between “universal” and “accessible.”
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
· Describe the significance of integrating Universal Design (UD) concepts in residential construction
· Describe the broad beneficiary groups of homes with universal features
· Distinguish between accessibility solutions/products and UD solutions
· Describe ways that functional design can also be attractive
· Identify and implement solutions for simple and complex scenarios that address various household compositions, budget levels and changing needs of clients
· Use effective marketing and communication strategies throughout the process
· Locate resources, materials and services
This course qualifies for:
· 6 CE for all NAHB Designations except HCCP
Time: 8: 30 AM - Registration
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM - Training
MUST FILL OUT REGISTRATION BEFORE PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED
1. REGISTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE BY ENTERING YOUR INFORMATION.
2. AN ELECTRONIC INVOICE WILL BE SENT TO YOU FOR PAYMENT.
3. PAY BY CREDIT CARD, CHECK, WIRE TRANSFER OR CASH.
4. ANY DISCOUNTS WILL BE APPLIED AT INVOICING
PROVIDER: GOLDEN AGE LIVING, LLC, PO BOX 1553, Deerfield Beach, FL 33443, USA
INSTRUCTOR: Wanda E. Gozdz, Allied ASID, CAPS; IDCEC Provider# 12-00001540
CONTACT INFO: Phone: 1-954.401.5948 – Email: email@example.com